Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Guest Blog: Jose Periut

     Hello, my name is Jose Periut Jr and I look forward to the future with Team Grip N Sip.
I'm glad to be here and think everyone feels the same way as we all grow in this great automotive sport.
I'll talk a little bit about my back ground and where I came from and hope to go in the future.
I work full time for the City of Columbia, TN Fire Dept. as a Firefighter / Emergency Medical Technician -IV.
I also work at Discount Tire, however I plan to leave soon to further my photography goals. 

"Candid shot"


Being born in Nashville, 1988. I've called this great state home for almost all of my life aside from a small amount of time I lived in Florida. Photography for me started young, I can't exactly tell you when it started but I have always been in the automotive scene. Capturing the state of the cars we see, the cars that make many of us who we are; just seemed intriguing to me. I started taking pictures of the cars and things grew from there. 
I always stole my mothers Sony cyber shot when I was young and would take pictures around the house with it. I was given my first camera one Christmas, a Canon A540 Point and Shoot. I learned that camera inside and out and began taking pictures like this one of the Nashville skyline with that point and shoot.

Later on I upgraded to a Canon Rebel Xti DSLR and found an entire new world of photography and challenges that I was to face. Each and everyday I would try to learn more and shoot more. I began showing up at automotive Drift events and car shows to capture those moments everyone lives in.


I really enjoy being able to stop time and capture a moment. Drifting is an awesome sport and I love showing up to really enjoy the entire scene.



Right now I enjoy shooting everything from Automotive, to wildlife and personal portraits. I have began getting into wedding photography and I would love to go further in that field.




I myself love the automotive scene. I started with an 87 Acura Integra, which was sold for a 90 DA
that was modified with the norm; JDM B16a Y1 tranny and the average bolt-ons. I then owned a 95 Eclipse GSX and sold that to buy a 98 Audi A4 1.8t.
Once a year passed I sold it for my current vehicle, a 2006 Misano Red Audi A6 S-Line Quattro.
Can be seen here behind this Audi R8


I'm not sure where the future will take me, but if I had a choice I would be shooting the automotive scene and wedding photography along with other personal portrait style photography.
I also would like to shoot commercial photography among other things. Overall I'd like to be an all around type of photographer. Currently making the transition from a hobby to a professional side of photography is
no easy task. I always remember, once the fun is gone there is no reason to continue. Love what you do and do what you love, for me photography falls into that quote. There have been times when I grew frustrated because I thought I wasn't doing better because of my gear. Once I took a step back and realized, It's not the gear it's the one using it. I think I broke through a wall that I was using to hold myself back.
I also think a lot of photographers hit this wall, I'm happy to be where I am today and can't wait for the future.

Well I think that's about it. I really look forward to Team Grip N Sip and look forward to meeting everyone and seeing everyone at all the different events. If you ever see me don't hesitate to say hello. It's a great scene and we're all here for the same reason; the cars.


Thank you,
Jose Periut
Periut Photography

1 comment: